Nuffnang Ads

Thursday 4 September 2008

Random

As of today, we have 61 days left to the big day. We January intake people know how serious the day can be and the days that lie ahead.

I really need to brush up a few topics on Mathematics, Physics, Economics and Business. For French and English, I don't know what to do for those two.

Seriously, IB really is destroying me, bit by bit. I just hope I'll pull through in the end. When I was in Penang, I re-think my life and with all the distractions around me, especially girls that I'm attracted to, I decided that it's time for me to put a stop to a streak. With the IQ puzzle to keep me company, nothing can distract my mind from the puzzle.

I still remember the first time when I bought the puzzle in Gurney Drive. RM7 was all it worth. Ezriq got it for free because he managed to solve the puzzle in 10-15 minutes. Not bad for a first timer. Meanwhile, I was really struggling with the puzzle. I got really frustrated that night and I thought to myself, it ain't worth RM7 as far as I'm concerned. This thing is like the next Rubik nightmare in my mind.

The next morning, while waiting for Azam to finish his bath, I decided to have another crack at the puzzle. Miraculously, I solved it. "Oh my God. Haish." That's all I can say. That day, I solved the puzzle 6 times. I was getting used to the puzzle already. I still remember that I brought the puzzle to the beach in front of Sri Sayang at night for campfire. I left it on the beach somehow and I said to myself, "Oh no! I can't live without my puzzle."

First thing in the morning, I went down to the beach at 7.00a.m to find my puzzle. When I found it, it was a miracle that it remained in the same place. "I'm not going to let you out of my sight ever again." Then I went back to the hotel and continued sleeping.

From then on, I was hooked to the puzzle. I have no problems with solving the puzzle, it was only a matter of how fast can I solve it. The fastest I can do at the time is 20 minutes. "Slowpoke," I said to myself. I kept practising and practising and practising until I made a breakthrough. 10 minutes. Same standard as Ezriq, Rubik Cube professional. 10 minutes just not good enough.

I practised and made another breakthrough. Twice I solved the puzzle under 5 minutes. Then, at go home time, Khairil really made a good mess of my puzzle, and miraculously, I solved it within 3 minutes. That's such lightning progress. Now, my next target is 2 minutes. It's possible, but almost Mission Impossible.

WHEN THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY.

No comments: