Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, 30 December 2008

HK journey (Part 1)

Monday (29/12/2008)

5.30am - My cousin-in-law sent me and my parents off to KLIA. In his Myvi (How Myvi is poular nowadays? I'd describe it as "a car of all situations") This symbolises a start of a 5 day mourning for my cat, who would sit at the gate light and wait for its owners to come home every night until the imminent return

6.20am - I arrived at the airport and we checked-in.

9.15am - Bye-bye Malaysia. On flight MH 72, we were bound for our destination for a man-made island in HK, which is the Hong Kong International Airport, a proud home to the world's longest airport terminal, situated on Lantau Island. I can assure you that I play games on the screen provided by the airline. ZUMA!

12.40pm - As scheduled, we landed on the runway of HK airport. The runway was so long that it took like forever that only would we stop at the terminal 10 minutes after we land.

1.00pm - We took a taxi from the airport to the Renaissance Harbour View hotel in Hong Kong Island. The starting price of taxis is the standard of HK$16 (RM7.5) on the metre. Even Malaysia's metre taxis start at only RM2 (maybe that's why some taxi drivers refused to use the metres, because they're too cheap and it doesn't reflect the true costs of operating their respective taxis [my sympathies are with them]). We arrived about 40 minutes later as traffic congestion is not that bad in Hong Kong (at the time).

3.30pm - After taking a small break in the hotel room, me and my parents decided to explore the area around the hotel, starting with the Golden Bauhinia Square, two blocks away. Situated there is a golden statue, one of many main attractions in the whole of Hong Kong. We continued to stroll near the sea, with the sight of small-time fishermen, catching with a passion.

4.30pm - After the stroll and some pictures taken along the way, we took a ferry from the Wan Chai Pier (right in front of our hotel) to Tsim Shat Sui (a place with many shopping complexes, compared to Hong Kong island which is quite dull and is full of commercial buildings). The ferry ride for each person is only HK$2.20 (RM1.05). Can you imagine getting a cheap ferry fare somewhere else? Not to mention the sightseeing part is very nice (even nicer at night, the building were full of colourful lights). All for RM1.

4.50pm - We arrived at the Tsim Shat Sui Pier and as we walk out onto the streets, it's full of PEOPLE! So congested and yet, so smooth in traffic. While strolling through various shopping complexes, I can see people lining-up at a Louis Vuitton shop!!! (Due to the crowd bla bla bla.... as said by the notice board) This particular pattern shows how some HK people are brand conscious. This pattern of lining-up can be seen at other shops. See what strong brand names can implicate on people (Recall Business HL)

6.15pm - After walking inside 'The Gateway', possibly the longest shopping complex in the world, we took the ferry back to Wan Chai Pier, not to mention taking pictures along the way. If Malaysia has ISA, so does Hong Kong (although metaphorically, it's not really the Internal Security Act, it's a brand name of a shop by the way). Hong Kong is just so beautiful at night. The colourful lights can be seen on every major building in HK. (At 6.00pm, it's already nightfall in HK, although HK time is synchronized with Malaysia)

6.45pm - We arrived back at the hotel as the pier is only walking distance from our hotel. For dinner, we ate MAGGI. My mom bought about 20 packets of Maggi as supply for this trip. She also bought biscuits and Milo Fuse 3 in 1. You can describe how hard it is to eat here except bread.

8.00pm - Tired by the walking and all, we retired to sleep. It may still be early in Malaysia but in HK, nothing is too early. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........................

I'll continue blogging about the 2nd day of my HK journey tomorrow. I need to sleep already as 12.00am approaches. Good nite everyone. Sleep tight. And salam too.

No comments: