Nuffnang Ads

Thursday 18 December 2008

Post IB

EXAMS ARE OVER! IB IS OVER!
That's one part of life. Now, I'll have to start all over again for uni next March. I'll hope that I have a new lease of life by then.

What have I done during post-IB so far? Well, the main thing on my mind is Football Manager 2008. Yup, a computer game that I'm addicted since I started playing it. Now, I'm managing Dagenham & Redbridge in year 2025. How old would I be by then? 36.

However, it's not all games for me during the holidays. I do read a few books to spare good time for myself. Guess what? I made a huge and sudden breakthrough in my life, which is reading Harry Potter. I bought the final part, "The Deathly Hallows" as I was so eager to know the ending of Harry Potter and his friends. The book may be 850 pages long but somehow, I managed to finish it in only 2 days. (Never skipped a page, I can assure you that)

Not to mention another good book;
March 8: The Day Malaysia Woke Up
Kee Thuan Chye (Author)

That book really reveals how people are not afraid to change status quo within the government of Malaysia. For 50 years BN ruled its roost. Isn't it time for a change as they had become stagnant for the last 10 to 15 years or so? Money politics, gerrymandering, and all other dirty tactics we can think of during the elections. :P

Let's hope the new SPR board is clean and fair, unlike previous ones. :P
To prove it, Kuala Terengganu will be their first task in handling a free and fair elections.

A part of the book by Kee was quite touching, "Just call me Guan Eng"
Who was this Guan Eng guy? To those who are in DAP, they'll know straight away. Yessirry, Lim Guan Eng, CM of Penang and son of Lim Kit Siang.

So down to earth was he and yet show his fangs at the right time, Lim Guan Eng was one of those rare breeds of good politicians other than Tok Guru Nik Aziz, the Kelantan MB. There are other good politicians as well, such as Zaid Ibrahim, the man without a party. And yet, he stands to his principle of life as a lawyer, regardless of the circumstances. Where can we get good politicians nowadays? It's a real sad state for most good politicians. Either they are driven out of politics or become part of the corrupt system, which is breeding fresh until today.

Also, I read a good satire (irony) by RPK. Here's the link:

http://national-express-malaysia.blogspot.com/2008/12
/malaysia-today-interviews-home-minister.html (Quite a long HTML)

In the main MT website, you can see one comment is bumped over 500 times. Mostly agreed with the comment. LOL.

As I stop at this point, here is a word that we can ponder for the rest of our lives:

EQUANIMITY

All for one, and one for all. Salam and good nite. :D

No comments: