Have you guys ever wondered how BN lost so badly in this 12th General Election? For me, the main reason is because of the current Prime Minister of Malaysia, Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. He is corrupted (most likely), weak (no leadership qualities) and is simply rejected by the people.
BN only achieved a simple majority by winning 137 parliamentary seats out of the 222 seats contested while the Opposition won 82 parliamentary seats (There are still 3 seats to be decided in Sabah and Sarawak. So regardless of those results, BN still failed to achieve a 2/3 majority).
In addition, BN also lost 4 states which are Penang, Perak, Kedah and Selangor (plus Kelantan, which PAS maintained supremacy) and also the Federal Territory. That just sums up the day, don't you think?
To continue my analysis, below are some of the reasons why the current PM should step down from his post in the party and also why he is not qualified as a PM:
1. The BN under Abdullah's leadership lost 4 states (Penang, Kedah, Kelantan, Perak) plus Kelantan and Federal Territory.
2. Five of Abdullah's cabinet ministers lost in the elections (most notable: Samy Vellu, Shahrizat and Zainuddin Maidin)
3. The BN government under Abdullah's leadership failed to live up to its promises to reduce corruption and cronism.
4. The BN under Abdullah's leadership raised a general perception where Malaysia's economy of today is being pressurized by a foreign power of some sort.
5. The existence of the Iskandar Development Region raised a general perception that Malaysia is losing its sovereignty to an unknown foreign power.
6. Abdullah as the leader of OIC and NAM is ineffective on the international scene. (If he can't manage Malaysia, how can he even be the leader of OIC and NAM? Think about it)
7. Malaysia was as if ruled by Abdullah's son-in-law (K-Hairy the Monkey) and his cronies, which caused maximum dissatisfaction among the people.
8. The BN under Abdullah's leadership does not have any sensitivity towards certain foreign equity in the country's strategic business and does not open up business chances for bumiputeras.
9. The BN government took the Malays' support towards them for granted even though the Malays' feel hurt by Abdullah's own actions.
10. The BN government tried to lobby the citizens with mega corridor projects which was worth billions of ringgit in cost just to cover up the mistake of launching the Iskandar Development Region project.
11. The BN caused the sufferings of people as a result of rising prices in necessities (rice, sugar, etc...) and their failure to control the costs of living of the Malaysian people. (Me and my mom discovered that the price of rice for 10kg is already RM40!! When did they raise the price I wonder.... Before the elections???)
12. Under Abdullah's leadership, crime rates have increased in the past year.
The list above are some of the weaknesses of Abdullah's leadership and are already discussed through alternative media such as the Internet. However, Abdullah doesn't care about it and he only listens to advice from Level 4 Cabinet Ministers, and no one else.
Well, we know he is incapable of turning his situation around. Therefore, he should step down as Prime Minister with honour and with great haste (in other words, as soon as possible).
From my point of view, I'm not saying that the Opposition is gonna rule better than BN as they are still unproven. What I'm saying is that we need a more than capable leader to head the country and take care of the peoples' needs. We are the future leaders and therefore, we must not make a wrong choice in which will put the country in turmoil.