And so, with the latest political developments in Perak, BN has decided on its candidate for the new MB. Datuk Dr. Zambry Abdul Kadir, 47, will be sworn-in as the new MB of Perak tomorrow at 3.30pm in Istana Iskandariah. With Ir. Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin still claiming that he is MB by constitutional laws in this political struggle, let's take a look at the new MB in store for Perakians.
1. Pangkor ADUN (2nd term)
2. Chairman of Education, Human Resources and Multimedia Committess (2004-2006)
3. Chairman of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Innovation Committee (2006-2008)
4. Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Master's Degree in Islamic Thinking (from IIUM), Master's Degree in Political Philosophy and Religious Comparison, Doctorate with Distinction in Contemporary Politics (Temple University, US)
5. Won several awards in writing competitions in his student days.
6. Conferred the Royal Malaysian Navy’s Honorary Lt Commander award by Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Jamalullail who was then the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and became the first Malaysian politican to be given such an award.
Well, that's that for his description. He seems to be a techno kind of guy from his involvement in ICT. It'll be interesting to see how Perakians will react to this new MB. But one thing's for sure, most of them dislike Najib for what he did in obliterating the now ousted PR government.
And yes, we all hope for justice and equality from the new MB. But will that be enough to erase the memory of 4 February 2009? The 4 frogs who jumped ship. 2 of the frogs will be facing corruption charges on 10 February, amounting to RM180 million and also receiving sex bribes. These 4 frogs will always be remembered by Perakians as scapegoats. And... Never forget the decision by Sultan Azlan Shah to not dissolve the State Assembly, thus giving way to the unconstitutional grab by Najib over Perak. And... Never forget how the EC had acted over its jurisdiction by claiming that the resign letters are deemed invalid.
And so, Perakians. With those matters in mind, you know who to vote for in the next GE (2012/2013). Show Najib who has the real power of the people. Only YOU can make a difference.